Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My Characteristics Blog

When I had to think of ten specific characteristics of myself that would be interesting, yet subtle, I realized I could only come up with one immediately. This blog topic provided the best opportunity for me to discover my hidden layer of traits that make up my personality.
As I mentioned earlier, the trait triggered in my mind immediately is being over-analytical. All while growing up, when my teacher would give instructions, I would constantly raise my hand to ask the teacher more detailed questions regard our assigned project. In other words, at times, I would turn a simple assignment into a complex jig-puzzle.
After giving more thought, I find a hidden characteristic of mine is my level of loyalty. The first thing I express to my close friends and loved ones, is how I will be there for them in any time of need, day or night. Personally, I thrive and grow as a person because of all family and friends surrounding me. Since they have a huge impact on my life, I would always be the first person by their side. Furthermore, if I have also made a commitment with someone previously and the next day a different opportunity arises, I will stand by my commitment and fulfill until I have accomplished it thoroughly and completely.
Hand in hand to loyalty, I am a very honest person. It is not my belief to portray a fake persona to someone if you dislike them. However, I am very aware of all the “politics” surrounding our society and understand in certain times we all need to put aside our deep egos and compromise with one another. At the same time, I believe everyone deserves an honest prospective, whether friend or foe, honesty towards our peers helps them grow and become more secure about any possible insecurities.
Also, I have a very driven and determined focus in life. When I set my mind to a task, I try to overcome any and all obstacles that come in my path. I am always pushing myself to the extreme limit and discovering new strengths I have. Being driven and focused allows me to build a strong integrity and take a step ahead of the crowd.
In addition to being driven and determined, passion is one of my main mottos for pursuing any interest, whether it is career, extra curriculum, or educational oriented. I personally believe that in order to accomplish true success, you must derive a passion for task. For instance, a few years ago, I wanted to pursue Law School and eventually become a successful corporate lawyer. However, when my brother asked me, directly, why I wanted to pursue law school, I could not respond with an immediate answer. The only thought that occurred in my mind was the opportunity to get fast money. It was at this point that I promised myself I would only pursue all my interests in life if I had a true passion for it. As my relatives and peers have explained me, law school is one of the most competitive environments to be in and if I do not have a passion or a real reason to be there, I would not see myself learning or growing as an individual.
To add, I am a very enthusiastic individual. As I mentioned above, when I have my heart set on a task, I try to deliver the results in a “Niyanthi” type of fashion. I put my enthusiasm, heart, and soul into every project and task assigned. I am always excited for new changes, new people, and new challenges.
A trait not easily noticed, when someone first meets me, is how observant I am. I must confess my inner passion to talk, but at the same time, I take the necessary time to observe the situation and people around me. I found it is very important to have a solid understanding of both the big picture and finer details with every task. Observing others’ actions and reactions helps guide me in the right approach I should take.
Express empathy is also a prominent hidden trait of mine. I feel my first initial impression is someone who is friendly, yet contains a small wall front. After time, will one notice my deep empathy towards my family, friends, and peers. Personally, I think we can only grow as individuals if we truly understand the perspective our peers have. As the old saying exclaims, “two heads are better than one.”
Hidden deeper inside me, is my philosophical side. I think the best connection with an individual is the one-on-one interaction. Also, I love to engage in topics of conversation concerning personal beliefs ranging from, moral beliefs, career paths, and culture traditions.
Lastly, courage is special characteristic I have learned from my father. All my life, I have been taught to be courageous in all the endeavors I pursue and that confidence and courage come hand in hand. When I think about courage, I immediately think of the phrase, “Sticks and stones may break my bones, but word will never hurt me.” I believe there is a lot truth in that phrase, no matter how light-heartedly we interpret it. Being able to overcome small insignificant matters will help develop one’s courage. Perhaps growing up with an older brother, who would constantly tease me, allowed me build a strong wall of courage and confidence. Although, in my times of weakness, the first two people I think of are my brother and father, and suddenly I have regained the strength I lose for that split second.

2 comments:

  1. I was able to find 9 characteristics. It just might be mistake from my side, let me know if you have 10 characteriscts in the blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

  2. So is possible that HIV Disease can be cured because i have been scammed so many times not until i came across this great man dr akhigbe who helped me at first I never believe all this comment and post about him and I was very sick because i have been infected with HIV Disease for the past two year,just last 2months I keep reading the testimony about this man named dr akhigbe they said that the man is so powerful he have cured different type of diseases, I keep monitor the post of some people about this man and I found out that he was real so i decided to give him a trial I contacted him for help and he said he was going to help me get my cure that all i needed to do was to send him money to prepare the medication after which it will be sent to me via dhl service which i did to my greatest surprise the medication was sent to me he gave me instructions on how to use it that after three weeks i should go for check up,after taking the medicine and follow his instruction after three weeks i went back to the hospital for another test, at first i was shocked when the doctor told me that i was negative i ask the doctor to check again and the result was still the same negative that was how i free from HIV Disease at of the shock i decided to come and share my own testimony with you for those who think there is no cure for HIV Disease the cure as finally come' stop doubting and contact dr akhigbe via email drrealakhigbe@gmail.com he will help you out you can also wattssap him via +2348142454860 he is also perfect in curing DIABETICS,HERPES,HIV/AIDS, ;ALS, CANCER HEPATITIES A AND B, believe me that deadly disease is not longer a deadly sentence becauase dr akhigbe has the cure.the godfather of herbalism.

    ReplyDelete